2. iPhone SE is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
3. All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information.
4. Wireless charger and 18W fast-charge adapter sold separately. Testing conducted by Apple in February 2020 using preproduction iPhone SE (2nd generation) units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (18W Model A1720 and 30W Model A1882). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
5. Data plan required. Gigabit‑class LTE is available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see apple.com/iphone/LTE.
6. Compatible with AirPods (1st generation or later), Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo3 Wireless, BeatsX, Beats Studio3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless and requires the latest version of iOS.
7. Use of eSIM requires a wireless service plan (which may include restrictions on switching service providers and roaming, even after contract expiration). Not all carriers support eSIM. Use of eSIM in iPhone may be disabled when purchased from some carriers. See your carrier for details. To learn more, visit support.apple.com/kb/HT209044.